Monday, November 29, 2010

Jedediah Bila: Exclusive Interview: Governor Sarah Palin

Jedediah Bila interviewed Governor Palin, following are some excerpts of what the Governor said, you can read the entire thing hereOn November 24, one day after the release of her latest book, America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag, I conducted a twenty-minute telephone interview with Governor Sarah Palin.[...]What did she say??To study what has happened since then ? especially in the 60s and 70s when a lot of women decided to hijack the term feminism ? they hijacked the idea of women?s rights, and I believe that they started making women feel like they were victims, and that is a disempowerment. That makes women, especially our young women, feel that they are not capable, smart enough, or strong enough to take on all that life has to offer, unless somebody helps them out and does it for them. .... ?Yeah, women do, I believe, have to work harder to prove themselves,? adding ?It makes us better people and it makes us stronger and it makes success even more worth it.?Palin briefly addressed the bigger picture behind the lie perpetuated in the media that she, as Mayor, wanted rape victims to pay for their own rape kits: ?It was a lie. And the narratives like that which continue in the lamestream media really do a disservice to what my record truly is and what I believe in.? She added that some on the far left ?attack personally in order to send their message that they would really rather see me sit down and shut up. And I think they believe that if they keep picking and poking and shooting and throwing the darts and arrows my way, that eventually here I will give up and I?ll sit down. But it?s like my dad always says, you don?t retreat. You reload. ... [T]he Left, ... they?ll do anything they can to stop me. But so far, it hasn?t been working.?[...]"I saw that many on our local city council and in our Mayor?s office decided that because they had a title, a political position, they were going to start taking private property rights away and start telling businesses and homeowners what they could or couldn?t do on their own private property.? ... ?To be a successful governor, you have to put obsessive partisanship aside, and you have to be a really good administrator, and you have to have a good team around you, and you have to make prudent decisions based on what is best for the people whom you are serving. To me, the best decisions are all based on exercising this acknowledgment I have that individuals have rights and should be able to exercise those much more powerfully than a state or centralized federal government.? [...][I]f I were to just play this game that many in the hierarchy of the GOP Party would want me to play, then that gets in the way of good policy and doing what?s right for the people whom you are serving.? [...]?I think the polarizing thing is the most perplexing because the positions that I hold, I believe, are quite reflective of what most Americans believe in, and that is the protection of our freedoms and our free market and doing all that we can to remain a superpower.? ... ?So, when I talk about time-tested truths, things that work in culture and society to allow us to live peacefully and in freedom, and when I talk about the economic issues that I support that are based on free markets, and when I talk about national security issues that are based on protecting allies and not coddling enemies and not thinking that our enemies and terrorists deserve the legal rights that we have as Americans, then it?s perplexing to me to be considered polarizing when again, I believe those positions I hold are quite common positions held by the rest of America.?[...]?I absolutely believe it?s possible and it?s so extremely necessary to change the way Washington does its work,? ... ?And, you know, I have that background in a city and then a state in promising and then fulfilling that promise to change the status quo. So, certainly with that foundation that I have, that has seen and then proven what works, the same could be applied in Washington, DC. In fact, if any candidate thinks that they?re just going to embrace the status quo ? even in terms of hiring the same old staff members and the people who?ve been part of the problem because they?re part of the establishment all these years, hiring those people and bringing them back into a cabinet or bringing them back into these regulatory commissions to actually run the bureaucracy the way we?ve become accustomed to ? well, any candidate who thinks that that?s going to get us out of the problems that we?re facing today, then that candidate should not be elected..."What attributes does Palin think a GOP candidate who steps up to the plate in 2012 should have? ?Someone who?s willing to take some risks in terms of bringing in people who aren?t the known bureaucrats, but people with private sector experience who know how to run a business, make payroll, balance a budget, and live within your means.? According to Palin, the candidate should also have ?that steel spine, thick skin, not worrying about what it is that the adversaries are going say about you? and an understanding that ?it is the people who hire you, who elect you, whom you are beholden to.? [...]Throughout the interview, I didn?t see any signs of na�ve, ditzy, or amateur. I saw knowledgeable, level-headed, and accomplished.Read the whole thing here, great stuff

Bill Brady Karl Rove Palin Sarah Palin Chelsa Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment